Friday, April 27, 2012

The avett brothers

We are packing our bags & heading home to Virginia. Rob had a change of heart once he found out the Avett brothers were playing in concert Saturday night & my Dad had already bought the tickets. We love them. & we are friends with their dentist. So the only logical thing to do would be to go, of course. Looking forward to that + some stellar oceanfront views & any & everything else in between. My grandma who usually makes & serves us breakfast, lunch & dinner every day that we're in town is out on bed rest. I'm positive that this will be the first time in my entire life this has ever happened. Rob has already planned to wake up early Saturday am and throw on the apron. He's not as good as grandma, but he gets the job done.

I'm looking forward to seeing my sweet baby nephews. I've only seen Dylan I think 3 times his whole life. His smile is growing with him & gets bigger each time i see him. Love love love those little boys. Evan loves his cousins too. They are the first names that come up when I tell him we're going to Virginia. I'm so happy my sister and I our having our kids at the same time. Heidi and I never really had cousins to grow up with. They all lived too far away. Minus one whose name shall not be spoken. She wasn't a blood cousins though. So it never counted anyway.

I'm hoping that one day we'll be able to move back to Virginia. I'm hoping that will be sooner than later. I get that North Carolina has a much better economy, job market, housing market, and many other things. But when it comes to missing my family, it's easy to say which matters more. Surprisingly, Rob is actually more set on moving then I am. Yes, I'd love to, tomorrow even.. But financially we need to be here for awhile longer. It just makes sense. I'm not willing to struggle & live pay-check to pay-check just so we can spend all of our money renting a tiny shack in va beach. I'm just not. Here we could be sooooo close to buying a house if we decided to stay. But it just seems so...final. You have to live in the house you buy for 5 years to get the tax credit. 5 years is a huge commitment. It's A LOT to think about. Decisions, Decisions..


The laundry is calling.
More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment