Wednesday, April 25, 2012

8 weeks, 2 days

I am entirely over the chain of events that occurred last night.
& in an attempt to start the forgive & forget process I should probably not be blogging about them.

I need a break in a big kinda way.
I'm excited for Va beach this weekend. 
I'm not excited that I'll only be there for 2 days & 1 night.
I'm looking forward to a quiet & perhaps beach-y Saturday.
I really wish I could just take next week to relax with family.
I'm pretty sure there's no way to make that happen.
I'm really bummed with myself for still not getting the new glasses that have been on my to-do list for Oh, four flipping years. How this happens I do not know.
If i would have, I would be in Virginia Friday night, and would be able to stay later on Sunday.
But because of my incredibly poor night vision, I'm forbidden to drive in the dark unless I know the roads fairly well. One would think that going back & forth from Carolina to Chesapeake so much over the years I would by now. But no. The last time I attempted the drive I had a panic attack & had to pull over & change seats with Rob. Not fun. Oh, and Rob's not coming. I don't know if you figured that one out yet.
We need apart time. Doesn't everyone?

I talked to a best friend on the phone today. It's so crazy how we can go months without speaking to each other & still be able to pick up exactly where we left off. I'm finding that out with all the people I've ever been really close to. No matter how much time & space elapses things always seem to fall back into place. I'm lucky to still have her friendship after all these years. She is someone who has never judged me on anything in my life, has always been so supportive on all decisions I've made & at the same time will tell me exactly what I need to hear even if I don't want to. 


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment