Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My two weeks.

It's been way too long, I know. I've spent the past two weeks well, "working." I love boy's, but they are more than a handful next to the little women I've babysat for. I started looking after a little blond haired boy named Jack a couple weeks ago after Ayden left. He and Evan are adorable together.. Excluding the day where they bit each-other multiple times! Anyway, He's a sweetie, and I miss him when he's not here. Especially since we spent all of & every day of last week together. I also have little Makaya Tuesday and Thursday's. He has the best little smile, little laugh, little everything :) So i love him too. I'm still holding out to get Christian back, My friend Jennifer's bundle of Joy. He was the best cuddler, and I've missed him very much. On top of all of that, I picked up a little weekend gig. Every Saturday night I go over to Finn & Henry's house and watch them there. Finn is 3, and incredibly smart. He has full blown intelligent conversations with adults, and knows words that I can barely tell you the meaning of. Rob came over with Evan this last Saturday. He said, "Finn, when do you start pre-school? He replied, Tomorrow! And Henry starts next week! (Henry is 1...) Wicked smart he is. & then there's Henry, and easy going, loves to play outside, loves me to read to him, loves baths, loves cottage cheese, and pretty much anything you feed him, and doesn't let me out of his sight. They are both so cute, and I'm going to miss not watching them anymore in the fall. This sounds crazy, but getting out of my house, even if i'm going to babysit other peoples kids, is still kind of relaxing. Just to get out. And last but not least, There's Evan. Who is as crazy as ever. Is it sad that I'd rather watch someone else's kid rather than my own? Evan is at the age where he thinks he can walk all over me. &He doesn't do it with anyone BUT me. He still has days, or.. hours.. where he's the precious little boy I wish he always was, But he can be such a little youknowwhat. I've been thinking to myself a lot lately, If I can't handle just this one on my own, why the hell would I ever want another one who could potentially be as bad or worse than the one i already have?? Rob somehow always talks me out of that thought. 

Enough rambling about that.
We went on a family outing Sunday to Marbles children's museum. And of course I took LOTS of pictures. This is probably the coolest museum I've ever been to for kids. We were there three hours and could've easily been there another three. Definitely getting season passes ASAP. And Oh, Evan loved it too ;)

I had my wisdom tooth removed. It was excruciatingly painful. I was awake for the entire process. And the dentist was a dirty old perv. Thank god for prescription drugs because that is the ONLY thing that pulled me through all week. My face has finally decided to stop swelling. So, yay for that! 

We spent Sunday night partying with the in-laws, including Uncle Wayne & Aunt Sharon. Rob and I lost miserably at Sequence. And although it was rather fun, My head is still spinning from the twelve drinks too many I had. Let's do it again real soon!

Yes, for not visiting in so long this is all I've got. But I'm posting lot's of pictures, so that sort of makes up for the half-ass-ness. 


In no particular order. Love, Gretchen.

We were all sitting in a laundry basket. Don't ask.

R.I.P Harold & Kumar. Mommy forgot the water conditioner. I almost cried over these two.

How can something so adorable be so posessed?

Bunk beds complete :) Daddy did a good job.

SLIDE RACES!!!!!!

Crotch shot =]

STICK.

Ouch.

They built a wall! LOL

Love these two.


I see a bath in there near future..

Handsome boy :)

All the boys watching kung-fu-panda :)


We eat healthy, I SWEAR! ;)


I'm just so talented.

Mid air shot!

More of my talent..

Husband & Wife love.

There's so much more than this picture leads on. 

Little fishies.

Evan was following jack around the pool.

My scientist! @ marbles.

<3

Riding a paper pig.

<3

Priceless.

Cashier/pizza boy

I love this.

I tied a string to this and pulled them around the house... until the string broke :(

Evan's mess of a room.

Time-out. Where he spends most his time.

Tire swing!!


More to come. 

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm no mama, but I have to say that you probably want to watch someone else's kid more than your own because he IS your own. He has you figured out because you've poured yourself into everything he is, & in case you need to hear it: YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOMMY & YOU/ROB MAKE A SPECTACULAR TEAM. & a daggone cute kid :) Love you guys.

    Also, I'm making a request that you remove the sperm from the top of your page because I waste WAY TOO MUCH TIME making them chase my cursor around & then I basically forget everything I was going to say in my comment to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahah. I just saw this. Thanks for the encouragement Kelsey. I can ALWAYS use it. I've been beating myself up about the way Evan's been so horribly-awfully-miserably-embarrassingly and TERRIBLY two lately. It's hard to not blame yourself sometimes when your the parent. I know your not there yet, But i feel like you are. So thanks for the reassurance.

    I wasn't totally serious on the no more kids thing. I just get SO frustrated sometimes.

    And I'm guilty of excessively feeding the fish too. Also, I'm computer illiterate.. If i knew how to remove it i would!

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete